We are responsible for your personal data as a data controller. If you have any question or would like to uphold your rights, please contact us at:
Categories of personal data we collect
We collect and process the following personal data in the context of our Services.
Information You Provide
- Name, etc. - When you would like to use our Services, you will need to provide us with your name, address, phone number and email address, etc.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information - When you interact with our websites, we automatically collect technical data regarding your usage of our Services, including pages that you visit and links you click on, online identifier (cookie, IP address, etc.) or device information (language, browser type, etc.).
- Location Data - When your device is set to provide location information, we automatically collect information about your general location (e.g. IP address).
Information from Third Parties
- Information from Third-Party Data Providers - We receive your personal data from tech vendors who support our websites and other business systems, operational companies such as delivery couriers, and payment service providers who help us process your payments.
Information from Group Companies – Our group companies, which are listed below website (the "Group Companies"), provide us with your personal data. URL: https://www.istellartech.com/en/about#companyprofile
You are required to provide us with certain personal data when you would like to use our Services. Personal data that is mandatory is indicated in the relevant forms. We are not able to provide our Services to you if such data is not provided.
HOW we use your personal data
We use personal data for the following purposes.
- (a) to provide our Services. The lawful basis for these uses is to perform our contract with you.
- (b) to communicate with you about our Services. The lawful basis for these uses is to perform our contract with you, to comply with our legal obligations or to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Services.
- (c) to decide which information to show you, where you give us your consent. The lawful basis for this use is your consent.
- (d) to protect our client from fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity on our Services and to respond to requests by the government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation. The lawful basis for these uses is our legal obligations.
How we share your personal data
We share your personal data with the following recipients:
- (a) Any of our Group Companies; and
- (b) Our service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as tech vendors who support our websites and other business systems, operational companies such as delivery couriers. Our service providers are located in Japan.
International data transfers
The third parties to which we transfer your personal data in order to provide our services (please see "How we share your personal data" above) are located in Japan. Japan is recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection.
For further information, including obtaining a copy of the documents used to protect your personal data, please contact us in writing at the email address listed in Contact Information above.
We retain your personal data for a period of three years from last contact, except where legal requirements imposing that we keep your personal data longer or less longer apply.
Under the GDPR you have the right to ask us: for a copy of your personal data; to correct or delete your personal data: to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data: and to send you a copy of your personal data you have provided to us. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions (for further information, see the section below entitled "Your right to object to processing"). Please note that these rights are subject to the exceptions under the GDPR and applicable local laws.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at the email address listed in Contact Information above.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data which is based on our legitimate interests. When we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to opt out of such processing.
To exercise this right, please contact us in writing at the email address listed in Contact Information above.
Wherever we rely on your consent in order to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed pursuant to the consent given prior to the withdrawal.
To exercise this right, please contact us in writing at the email address listed in Contact Information.
Your right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the member state of the EU or the UK where you have a habitual residence or place of work or where the alleged infringement of the GDPR took place.